One Day Elite Infield Lab
OKC Sandlot’s One Day Elite Infield Lab is Coming Soon!
Join Coach Garrett Benge, Coach Lane Decker, Coach Austin McClune, and Coach Ryan French on February 21, 2022 at The Sandlot.
February 21, 2022
Introductory/Beginner Infield: 10:30am – 12:00pm
Intermediate Infield: 12:15pm – 3:15pm
Advanced Infield: 3:30pm – 6:30pm
At The Sandlot (PCAA) 3100 W. Britton Rd, OKC
Infield Total Cost:
$20 Deposit due February 19, 2022
Introductory Infield $35 (total cost)
Beginner Infield: $55 (total cost)
Intermediate Infield: $75 (total cost)
Advanced Infield: $75 (total cost)
Remaining Balance due February 20, 2022
Sign Up Below and Pay Here: Click to Pay
Note: We will notify via email Feb 16th of which Group/Time Slot your player is assigned. Assignment of group is based on labs previously attended, skills, and age of player. There is a possibility of movement to next level on February 21.
Beginner: Establishing proper posture, footwork, and hands to make routine plays. Developing concepts of backhand and forehand plays, proper throwing mechanics.
- Perform proper prep step before pitch.
- Player will be able to approach ground ball with proper footwork (chatter).
- Player will perform conscious footwork on ground balls hit straight at player, ball hit to forehand, balls hit to backhand.
- Player will perform proper glove positions for plays mentioned above.
- Player can transfer ball to proper throwing position with shuffle towards first base.
- Player can transfer ball to proper throwing position from backhand with proper shuffle towards first base.
- Player can transfer ball to proper throwing position from forehand position with proper shuffle towards first base.
- Player will be able to consistently throw from a power V position (2 o’clock) without a windup motion.
- Player will learn proper warm up sequence and drills to increase arm strength and skill level.
Intermediate: Building on the ideas of the beginner level with expansion of throwing angles, plays coming in, picking your hop, introduction to double play footwork, and increasing speed of game.
- Player will Master the beginner level with unconscious play.
- Player will learn proper drop step footwork for forehand and backhand plays.
- Player will learn proper footwork for slow rollers with transfer and throwing angle.
- Player will learn to throw from different slots (4 o’clock and 6 o’clock).
- Player will learn other shuffle techniques to get the ball to first.
- Player will learn proper footwork for bag coverage on double plays (shortstop and second base).
- Player will learn proper footwork and feeds to bag for double plays from shortstop/ second base / third base/ first base positions.
- Player will learn proper footwork and positioning for relays.
- Player will learn proper communication for infield fly balls.
- Player will learn proper bag coverage for plays coming to them with tags.
- Player will learn pre pitch communication between infield and outfield.
Advanced: More emphasis on speed of game, double play footwork, balance plays, and expanding range.
- Player will Master beginner/intermediate level with unconscious play.
- Player will learn how to make the proper play while looking effortless.
- Player will understand how much time they have to make certain plays. (internal clock)
- Player will become a student of the game making tough plays look easy.
- Player will learn how to progress to the second out.